Information Access 4.0 – Text AND Speech
Even in the digital age, 96 % of information is provided in written format only.
But more and more people have problems reading information, especially in small print due to:
- Age and illness
- Functional illiteracy and lack of language skills
- Dyslexia or other reading difficulty
- Cognitive disability
- Visual impairment and blindness
For this reason the UN DRPD (Declaration on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities) demands accessibility to all information according to the two-sense principle.
How? With SpeechCode!
Cost-effective – secure – sustainable
- The embedding of a speech code in any printed information is almost completely cost-neutral with regard to production and disposal.
- Multi-level encryption and offline transmission make the Speech Code unchangeable and guarantee the correctness of the contained data.
Easy – convenient – reliable
- The generation of the Info Speech Code works online by transferring your text into the Speech Generator. Read more…
- The content is structured in the Speech Generator for later easy navigation. Hot Lines and Websites are directly accessible.
- The Info Speech Code contains up to six pages of A4 text – approx. 30 minutes of speech output. More than 40 languages are available.
A printed speech code provides accessible information with text AND speech!
Customer-friendly – simple – accessible
- The free speechcode app for Android and iOS scans and stores any speech code.
- Since the code contains all the data, it requires no internet access. This guarantees free access to information anytime and anywhere, as well as user data privacy.
- The universal design of the speechcode app is simple and intuitive: Your information appears on the display and is read out simultaneously.
- Individually adjustable font size, contrast and speech speed provide additional comfort.
- Thanks to the read aloud function and the audio scan assistence, your information becomes accessible also to all those people, for whom reading is difficult or even impossible.
Non-profit, civil society associations and organisations can use the SpeechCode software for non-commercial purposes completely free of charge. Just contact us
More about accessible information